Hernia Surgery in Novi, MI
What is a Hernia?
A hernia is a protrusion of part of an organ through the muscle wall that surrounds it. A hernia occurs when tissue bulges out through an opening in the muscles. Any part of the abdominal wall can weaken and develop a hernia, but the most common sites are the groin Inguinal, the navel (adult-umbilical Hernia or ventral_hernia) and a previous surgical incision site. A ventral hernia is a bulge through an opening in the muscles on the abdomen. The hernia can occur at a past incision site (incisional), above the navel (epigastric), or other weak muscle sites (primary abdominal).
Click a link to learn specific information about your hernia type:
- Hiatal – Upper abdomen, below the breast line
- Umbilical – Above/Below or around the belly button
- Inguinal – Located in the groin or scrotum area
- Ventral – Areas near the belly button
What are Symptoms of a Hernia?
- Visible bulge on the abdomen, especially with coughing or straining
- Visible bulge at the groin or scrotum
- Pain or pressure at the hernia site
Schedule a Consultation
If you are experiencing a hernia, surgery is the only option for a permanent repair. Contact our office today at (248) 662-4272 to schedule an appointment.